1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"I prayed, coach. And the last prayer I prayed, I asked for clarity, for a sign that I should be at Tennessee, like, I don't know, a pearl white Escalade with Tennessee plates in my driveway when I woke up..."

These religious hucksters are really something.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just hire Tim Cluess and be done with it.

What makes this all the more puzzling is that - usually! - you don't get rid of a coach unless you know you have someone better lined up.

Well ... Bobby Hurley renegotiated with the folks in Tempe pretty quickly and that was that.

Cluess has been there a while. He knows the metro area. He has a proven track record, though he hasn't had the caliber of school that - according to natural selection, NCAA basketball style - can get a higher caliber player.

But otherwise this should be a no-brainer. A potential problem is will administration let Mike Cragg do his job? If the answer is anything other than a hesitation-free, unobstructed "yes," then Cragg might want to place a call to Kevin White in Durham and ask him if coming back is out of the question. Not kidding ...

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I read that as Tim Clueless.

Carry on.

Twirling Time likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If I could just click my heels three times and make it so . . .

Rick Barnes would be at UCLA, and Bruce Pearl at Tennessee.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The mess with Wade was the last straw.

Never understood why LSU bent over backward to poach him from Durham.

A couple of Baton Rouge's self-proclaimed power brokers are pretty proud of themselves, though. They wanted him gone for a long time, and the mess with Wade was enough grist for the mill.

Boats throughout Baton Rouge are really nervous now.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The people hacked off by the basketball scandal are mad because Alleva suspended Wade. That tells you all you need to know about SEC Values.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So did I. The guy has been working to mute that joke his entire career.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He should have taken a page from TV's Joan Blunden, who changed her last name to Lunden for TV, lest it be mistaken for Blunder.

Draft saved Draft deleted