1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Same guy who fired a coach and canceled a team’s season over an alleged gang rape — where much less evidence existed — is now more than willing to keep a coach who’s pretty much caught on audio talking about a potential payment to a recruit.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Well, one is a significantly worse thing than the other ...

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would absolutely adore it of Wade quit right now. Just said "Piss on you guys. I'm done." And would have been better if UT, A-M or Alabama would have stayed open and he took one of them.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t know what surprises me more: that St. John’s was willing to pay the Loyola coach $2 million a year, or that the Iona coach makes $900,000.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The whole decision-making process of getting rid of Mullin seems dumb. He hadn't restored glory or anything, but they did seem to be edging forward a couple games every season. Unless they really bust open the checkbook, they're not likely to get anybody better.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They got caught with their pants down because on a Saturday the AD says Mullin is our guy, we're good; and then three days later he steps down.

It doesn't help that apparently a former interim AD who is still high up at the university is aparently undercutting the current AD.

They were edging forward but they underperformed based on what they had and they were going to take a big step back this next season. The recruiting was also terrible -- it was always transfer guys, which just churned over the roster every year.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The honesty was great, but that’s gotta kill him recruiting-wise, right?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any kid recruited by Barnes who doesn't straight up ask for a bribe on the grounds "you're asking me to help you make extra millions" should, at a minimum, be discouraged from pursuing a business major.

Draft saved Draft deleted