1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LanceyHoward, Jan 1, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

St. John's hasn't won an NCAA tournament game in 19 years. I know they've been irrelevant, but that still stuns me.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This surprises me but the data is the data. However, the ASU journalism school is pouring in crazy cash to be an elite J-school. :)

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

FSU (and UF) get to be very selective because they’re in a very populous state and are its “flagship” equivalents ... the acceptance rates would be even lower if there weren’t already a class of student that doesn’t even bother applying. That’s why UCF and USF are the largest colleges in the state and among the largest in the country. Safety schools.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Either one of them would have made sense.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

And now with Scummbag Alford going to Reno, another year of Marshall leaving Wichita rumors go down the toilet.
    I'm telling you....every two weeks when he sees that direct deposit come through for roughly $150,000......with the gig he's got there, he would be a MORE ON to go anywhere.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

UCF makes more sense from a new market perspective. Houston brings nothing they don't already have, Memphis is ok (51st market size), Wichita adds nothing. Orlando (18th market size).

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do you think Reno mentioned they were 15 minutes from Tahoe?

Chef2 and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Great minds...

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/st-johns-should-reach-out-tommy-amaker-in-coaching-search/

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If Amaker didn’t jump for the BC job, which he could’ve done and not had to move, he’s not going to Saint Fucking John’s.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

From a competitive standpoint, BC is a lot worse than St. John's.

And I'm not saying he would leave Harvard, but out of all the Duke connections that people are throwing out there, he might be one to watch. I'd sure as hell take him before thinking Scheyer is the answer.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

SEC Values.

Draft saved Draft deleted