1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 27, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-26_15-24-37.png

Tied with Pacific and Clarkson..

Vandy, BTW, is 52 -- but these standings don't reflect the CWS, so...

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Them Anteaters of Irvine are some serious competition!

3. CD Boogie

Some entrepreneurial soul at Morehead State should start producing merchandise to highlight their collective failures at men's and women's sports. What's Phil Simms doing these days?

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Alex Fernandez left Miami after a year to go play JuCo to be eligible a year earlier than if he stayed at Miami. Rocker could do that. Fernandez was a big deal back then. I don't follow amateur baseball as closely now so I don't know how his situation compares.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I just hope he doesn’t get hurt. But if he is going to get hurt, I hope it’s soon so that he can get the TJ done in time for the junior year.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We can only guess where Cleveland State would be if not for probation.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

Vandy for the win in the only major sport they’ll ever have a title shot in!

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Tony Robichaux has died. He was 57. He had a heart attack two weeks ago and another surgery on Sunday.
    Robichaux had been at ULL for 25 years and built them into a damn good program. They only made one CWS appearance but got to the super regionals a few times.

Legendary UL baseball coach Tony Robichaux dies

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I guess since there's no 2020 college baseball thread that I could find, I'll post this here.

North Carolina's Mike Fox is retiring. Scott Forbes becomes only the FIFTH head coach of the Tar Heels since 1931.

MIKE FOX RETIRES AFTER 22 SEASONS AS UNC’S HEAD BASEBALL COACH; SCOTT FORBES IS CAROLINA’S NEXT HEAD COACH - University of North Carolina Athletics

I've known Mike since he was making yearly appearances at the D3 College World Series with N.C. Wesleyan. One of the best guys I've ever had the pleasure to interview, watch and discuss the game with. Enjoy retirement.

And I watched Forbes play for NCWC. I feel that much older today.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That happens more than you'd think. Oregon State has had five full-time head coaches since 1938. And the guy who coached from 1938-66 also coached from 1923-31 before taking six years off for some reason.

Fox was a good head coach. Hard to believe he never won a title with all the talent he's had there.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted