1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 College Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, May 27, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even though they have won some titles, Kansas is pretty close. Twenty-four Elite Eight and 15 Final Four appearances and only three championships.
    Or Michigan State, which has been to seven Final Fours since without winning since its last championship in 2000.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I like how the teams are being eliminated in alphabetical order, which means Louisville loses to Mississippi State today

3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

As a Vanderbilt grad, I really like the pattern. Though it's unlikely, it could continue through the rest of the tournament:

- Miss. St. eliminates Louisville
    - Texas Tech beats Michigan, forcing another game
    - Miss. St. beats Vanderbilt, forcing another game (and keeping Miss. St. alive until after Michigan is eliminated)
    - Texas Tech eliminates Michigan
    - Vanderbilt eliminates Miss. St.
    - Vanderbilt beats & then eliminates Texas Tech

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

It’s actually 0-for-23 (17 with Martin)
    Won at least a game 16 times (13 with Martin).
    “Final Four” 7 times (5 in Martin era)
    3-times runner-up, twice by 1-run (1970, 1999).

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

And before last year’s surprising WCWS championship run, FSU has the most “Elite Eight” appearances in women’s softball without a title at 9. So, it is possible!

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Two players from the 1962 Michigan Wolverines made the major leagues: Fritz Fisher and Dave Campbell (yes, that Dave Campbell), both of whom played for the Tigers.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Have I missed an explanation of the Blackhawks sweater in the Louisville dugout?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Kumar Rocker is on an absolutely ridiculous roll right now.
    His last five starts: 33 IP, 4 ER, 6 walks, 46 strikeouts. He's won two elimination games and has a 0.96 ERA in the NCAA Tournament, and is 10-1 over his last 11 starts overall.
    Winner take all set up now for Wednesday night.

9. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Rocker seems like someone who would benefit from being allowed to go one and done. I can't imagine his draft stock will ever get any higher, and I doubt any professional manager would let him throw 130 pitches like he did in the 19-strikeout game. As is, he's got to hope he stays healthy and at this peak for two more years before starting his pro career.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'll give the kid credit for turning down millions to go to college, because he's shown he didn't need to go to school

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As a Vandy grad too, I second that. Go Dores

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You misspelled Commodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted