1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And, all of a sudden, this is a team with Eric Staal, Jeff Skinner, Jack Eichel and Taylor Hall up front. Kevyn Adams has been busy in Buffalo.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Is Taylor Hall to Buffalo a done deal?

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Yes. One-year deal for $8M.

4. Sam Mills 51

Elliotte and Darren Dreger have said this is happening. One year, $8 million.

Already asked one person who covers the Rangers and will ask you, Ragu. What will Fast bring to Raleigh?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fast (or Quickie -- Alain Vigneault gave him the nickname, I think) is a worker. Excellent penalty killer, good forechecker, and very good defensive forward. Never takes a shift off. He actually plays a Rod Brind'Amour kind of game, so I can see him fitting in there well. He's ideally a third or fourth line player, but on the Rangers they plugged him in on the first or second line out of need at times, and while he's not the most skilled, he didn't look out of place because of his effort and the fact that he doesn't make big mistakes. He's a good get. I wish the Rangers had held onto him. Doesn't sound like it was money as much as the third year that Carolina was willing to give him.

6. Sam Mills 51

That's a forward who Rod Brind'Amour will like - a lot.

Carolina can use one more strong forward, a wing, to play with Martin Necas and Vincent Trocheck on the second line. Fast will probably be plugged into the spot vacated by Justin Williams' retirement and will likely play somewhere on the third or fourth line. Might be fourth line not because of lack of skill, speed or ability, but because third-line Jordan Staal plays a similar, defensive-oriented, heavy game. Fast might work on the fourth line with Jordan Martinook.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Sucking didn’t help either

Sea Bass likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hey, I almost understood that!

Splendid Splinter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted