1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I’ll always love him for the winning goal in Michigan State’s national title game but he parlayed one good year playing with Pavel Datsyuk into a deal it will take the Wings six more years to pay off
    A major reason why Ken Holland now is in Edmonton

Red Wings waive Justin Abdelkader as prelude to buyout

2. Jake from State Farm

3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Domi was no longer a fit in Montreal. I think it may have gone beyond hockey.

That being said, I think he is the better player, without the same injury concerns, and the Habs also threw in a third rounder.

Bergevin constantly tries to build depth from the bottom up. They still have no legitimate first line forwards, Suzuki may become one. So Anderson is another 2/3 winger on a team that has those in quantity.

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

No one else gonna post this?

ChrisLong and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hendrix Lapierre is just a great name. Welcome to Washington, kid.

6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Henrik to sign with Caps.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Almost as cool as Trebek.

matt_garth likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The big question with him is whether he can handle being a backup. But one thing about him, he would never sign on unless he completely buys into whatever he agreed to. He's solid.

He'll be a good addition. I hate to see him on Washington, but I will never root against that guy.

I don't think this is going to be like Martin Brodeur. The Caps will get a full season out of Lundqvist, and he can still play.

9. The Big Ragu

Makes me think of Maxim Lapierre and I *hated* that guy.

10. Jake from State Farm

Nice moment by the Jets

11. The Big Ragu

I saw that Justin Williams retired. Maybe not a big deal to most people (the Caps fans on here probably care) but that guy was as good in big games as anyone you can name. Also, as a Rangers fan, he was a thorn in my team's side for about 20 years, even when he was playing on the West Coast and we didn't see him much, he'd use his limited opportunities to rip our hearts out. I really respected his game.

Liut likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Draft saved Draft deleted