1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

When they named scrapple they used too many letters — the first s and the ple.

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I imagine basing your opinion of poutine on the Orange County version is a little like basing your opinion of clam chowder on the Lincoln, Nebraska version.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... or like trying Southern cuisine somewhere besides the South.

Get to Quebec or Ontario, try some of their poutine and get back with us.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

A challenge I'll accept. A coincidence, I also had a cup of clam chowder with my poutine. It wasn't bad, considering I got it at a hockey rink.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

So Toronto is about to lose to a Carolina team that is playing a 42-year-old zamboni driver in goal.

Liut, Baron Scicluna and OscarMadison like this.
  6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

The 42-year-old Zamboni driver's wife:

7. Sam Mills 51

Elliotte, I want the full story out of Toronto.

Could be argued that the Leafs took out both of the Whalercanes' goalies ... Jaccob Slavin was pushed into James Reimer in the crease in the first, then Petr Mrazek and Mr. Clifford had a nasty collision well out of the crease in the second period. (Explains Joel Edmundson's adherence to The Code for stirring the pot not too much later).

Also keep in mind, EF, that on the equipment staff is Jorge Alves, who was a goalie and actually is in the books for standing in goal for a few seconds of a game a few years back in which Tampa had long finished off Carolina.

Thinking Alex Nedeljkovic will get a call and be ready for games in Raleigh against Dallas on Tuesday and Colorado on Friday ... unless, of course, both Reimer and Mrazek are both OK.

EDIT: Now understanding that employing a staff member on the ice is now illegal. It was not when Bill Peters put Alves in goal for those final few seconds in Tampa.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. Sam Mills 51

Fox Sports South is getting an interview with David Ayres.

Something about the Centre of the Hockey Universe brings out some weird crap with the Whalercanes. Lost 8-6 two days before Christmas in a game that had about as much structure as a box soaked in the rinse cycles. And now, in front of an HNIC audience ... six goals, two injured goaltenders and a 42-year-old emergency goalie.

Sounds perfectly normal.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another reason why hockey rocks. Trying and failing to see an NBA broom boy entering a game.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That tweet: 10

misterbc, HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sports story of the year and I don't see it getting topped in the next 10 months. Just smiling reading all the stories today.

Draft saved Draft deleted