1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

2. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

Elliotte says in 31 Thoughts this week that he doesn't think the radio interview was the problem.

Of course this is an NHL team in Dallas so the attention being paid is nothing compared to what it would be for a marquee NFL or MLB team, but this story is kind of amazing: a coach whose team is on a hot streak gets shitcanned - for cause, so you presume they ran it by the lawyers and have a pretty air-tight case - two days after the GM receives a call about "unprofessional" behavior. And as far as I can tell everybody is still in the dark as to what happened and what he supposedly did. That's pretty remarkable in the Internet age.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Interesting issue last night, Ducks at Wild.
    Hampus Lindholm has his helmet knocked off. Ref points to him to go to the bench. Ref puts his arm up to call penalty and points again for Lindholm to go to the bench. Wild maintains control of the puck, Lindholm goes off, so does the Wild goalie. So the Wild has a 6-on-4 until the Ducks can get to the puck.
    Ducks announcers think that Lindholm should have stayed on the ice to help out until they got ahold of the puck. He was getting a penalty anyway, so why leave?

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Chelios can be charming and funny. There are also times when he goes past that into "Shut up, you're not helping" territory.

HC likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Was the original penalty for not leaving the ice?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who is he supposed to helping?

7. ChrisLong

Yes, I think so. I thought the rule was you could make a play if it is right when you lose the helmet, then you have to either retrieve the helmet or go to the bench. He deserved the penalty, but the announcers were thinking he should have stayed on since he was getting a penalty anyway. I don’t know if the refs can give a double minor under that situation. New rule, not totally familiar with them.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If he has already been called for it than I imagine he should have stayed.

9. ChrisLong

Yeah, that's what Hayward was saying. Lindholm left and the Wild had a 6-on-4 for 15 or 20 seconds. Then the 2-minute power play afterward.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Peter DeBoer out in San Jose. All assistants gone too.

Liut likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Correction to last post: Bob Boughner staying on as interim coach. Sharks legends Mike Ricci and Evgeni Nabokov among the new assistants.

Purely a hockey move, per Pierre LeBrun.
    Sharks Announce Changes to Coaching Staff

Liut likes this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

A lot of New Jersey fans would take DeBoer back pronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted