1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Don't give up on the team after three games. But last night they looked like crap. Aaron Dell could have assisted on three Ducks goals. He coughed up the puck on the first goal, and had two other giveaways that weren't cashed in. The Sharks just could not get back on defense despite having two superstars in Burns and Karlsson. In the second period, the Ducks had a 5-on-2 break. I've never seen a 5-on-2, and I have seen 2-on-0 breaks. Getzlaf's goal was a 2-on-1 and Henrique stole the puck at center ice and skated through two defenders to score.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And this is what I like about this place. Spent a few minutes on the "Fire Wilson" bandwagon once, until I got straightened out. Now I see what he does to keep them in constant contention.
    But "fire the coach" seems to be a solution to everything for some Bay area fans. Some wanted Bochy canned in 2011. And the way 49ers fanbois cling to Harbaugh? Ah, gotta stop reading Tim Kawakami's Twitter account [/threadjack].

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sounds like Malkin is going to be out for awhile with a long-term lower body injury. Huge blow for the Pens.

4. HanSenSE

Sharks re-sign Marleau.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

By signing five games in, he may just be able to get through the season before he runs out of skates.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Preds crushed them; Smashville has its swagger back.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I'd say Hynes is on really thin ice. He might be gone soon.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Pastrnak 4, Ducks 2.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Very real chance Holtby loses the net in Washington. Been shaky, Samsonov has looked decent, and he gets yanked after falling behind 4-0 to Colorado today.

Liut likes this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Guessing he's not going to keep up this pace, but right now, John Carlson is on pace for a 149-point season, which would shatter the record for points in a season by a defenseman (Bobby Orr, 139).

Justin_Rice likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

The Miracle on Ice team was brought together -- for the final time, it turned out -- at NHL All-Star Weekend in 2002 in L.A. And there were whispers then.

While everyone else participated in a "pregame" skate before playing a team of NHL old-timers, he looked on, wearing khaki sweatpants and work boots.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted