1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Rivera to the Giants makes lot of sense.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Chargers are dumber than I think if they fire Anthony Lynn. I think he's safe.

3. PCLoadLetter

I think the Browns have been really hurt by a lack of continuity -- the Haslams are on their sixth coach in the seven years they've owned the team -- but lord, yes, this was a no brainer. Kitchens would be badly out of his depth as a coordinator.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

What has Dean Spanos ever done to demonstrate intelligence?

5. PCLoadLetter

Fair point.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Urban works for Fox Sports. Assume they’re still on Pico Blvd so he would be in LA.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'd also think that he could shoot higher than the Chargers, who kind of have a bad market right now and seemingly have a bunch of questions going forward. Rivers is 38, so you'd need a guarantee from management that your contract will go past his retirement and on to the next guy. (Then again, most of the open or rumored-to-be open jobs have at least one major negative, whether it is a question mark at QB or highly questionable ownership.)

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm giving the Redskins credit on anything, but I like the Rivera move. A lot.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Headline on Sally Jenkins column in the Post: "Washington should hire Rivera now before he comes to his senses."

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Allen out in DC.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

In fairness, almost everyone loved the Shanahan move — and the hiring of Bruce Allen when he first came aboard. The McNabb trade and the fiasco at the end of that season should’ve been a lot more of a red flag. It was about more than a washed-up quarterback.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can't remember how I felt about Shanahan when it first happened, to be honest. Removing Allen is the bigger deal here, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted