1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hope Ron Rivera is smart enough to avoid that mess UNLESS Bruce Allen is out. Even then, everything Dan Snyder has attempted to do with that franchise since he bought it has turned to crap. IMO, that's the biggest problem, with Allen being a close second.

I'd still like to know where David Tepper got the notion to interview Perry Fewell for the permanent position in Charlotte unless that's the franchise's way of honoring the Rooney Rule. While I understand that Tepper didn't want to drag Rivera through the mud and did not want to conduct a search behind his back in the building, the way in which the Panthers crashed and burned was a little too spectacular. Had visions of 2001 and 2010 all over again. U-G-L-Y ... and there was no alibi.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My guess is there will be no firing press conference at The Star tomorrow. Garrett’s contract is expiring and Urban is chilling. So no rush.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Freddie Kitchens? Won't see him no more.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think that winter is here for the Sean McVay coaching tree.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Jerrah's way of conducting business that allows him to move on without shining a negative light on Garrett?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Not as a HC. Jesus. One of the worst ever.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And their wide receivers are actually good.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Rivera is fine. He’ll run the ball and build a defense. Needs a QB. Jamarcus Russell/Dan McGwire/Akili Smith/Christian Ponder Part 2 ain’t cutting it. Once Fields went 40/1 in TD/INT it changed a lot about what Haskins did at OSU.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t count Ryan Day out of a damn thing, BTW. He can see how it’s gonna be in Columbus, or at least he should. This year was a wash. Not a failure, but a wash. Don’t make the playoff? Failure. 9-4 season because you’re between QBs? Hot seat. Lose to Michigan once? Hey, pal, we ain’t paying you to be John Fuckin Cooper. The sweater cheated his ass off and Urban Meyer’s brain almost exploded.

That Giants job might be some good eatin. And I’d watch Detroit. Pencil isn’t the answer and they know that right now.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The era of the playoff is going to get somebody with a great four-year record whacked at some point.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Martha Ford has already given Quinn-Patricia her blessing for another season
    I’m betting it will be busy
    Darius Slay and Marvin Jones are entering the final year of their contracts
    Slay is not a believer in the Patriot Way and Lions would rather spend $$$ on Golladay
    Expect Slay and Jones to get traded for picks

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Urban in LA right now.
    Chargers?

Draft saved Draft deleted