1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 MLB Running Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Oct 24, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He and Herr Schilling can start a Hitler Youth Baseball Academy

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They couldn't swing a deal with KALX this time? (One of Charlie Finley's hare-brained ideas in 1978, selling the radio rights to a 10-watt college radio station for $1.)

Honestly, I've thought about contacting a minor league team and offering to do play-by-play (live or recreated) on TuneIn for them in exchange for the rights and a share of the ad revenue. It's the only bucket list item I really felt I missed doing during my career.

qtlaw and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a tempting dream, but you'd wind up as a full time ad salesman in addition to doing the games.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And there's a reason why I like retirement. If I'm going to spend six months in Florida, it's going to be the nice six months, not the blistering hot ones.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What's weird about this is they kept the network together, but there's no station in the Bay area. For the technologically challenged, KHTK out of Sacramento puts a good signal into the Bay area.

maumann likes this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Maumann-
    I think that's a great idea. Go for it.

maumann likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Here’s my prediction: they uncover proof that there were buzzers involved in the sign stealing. That gives MLB the cover to rescind the blanket immunity of players and several get suspended and the title gets vacated.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Didn’t they already close their investigation of the Astros? I’d love if what you said came to pass; would tie it up pretty neatly. Honestly, who but the Astros and their fans would care if they had to vacate their title? We didn’t have a winner in 1994; we’ll get over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted