1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 MLB Running Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Oct 24, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought Trout was the 2016 MVP?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In title only.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

But yeah, they got better after they got rid of that lump of shit...

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I remember when the Sox would turn down a Trout for Betts deal.

6. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Drag no, peaked probably. His marvelous age 22 year was far better than any other year he's had (by bWAR, better than his 2nd & 3rd best years combined). He's had four seasons since then, and with each additional year it looks more like that was an aberration and that his real talent level now is "just" that of a very good player. He's made six All-Star teams but has only finished in the top 10 of MVP voting once. He might have another great year or two, especially in that park, but I'll be very surprised if he ever puts together three years like that in a four- or five-year span.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think that was a poster here.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

All the LOLZ if this falls through.

maumann and sgreenwell like this.
  9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Ordinarily, I would chuckle if the trade fell through, but then the subsequent Dodgers-Angels trade would be null and void, and I think Pederson and Stripling would be great pickups for the Halos.

maumann likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why would it be null and void? It’s a totally separate trade.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Because the Angels trade is contingent on the Dodgers getting Betts and Price. The Dodgers are unloading Pederson and Stripling to open up space for payroll and roster purposes. If the Betts trade falls through, there's no reason for the Dodgers to make the second trade.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I doubt the Betts-Price trade will fall though. It'd just be too awful for Sox ownership if those two arrive in Fort Myers next week. They want more, and I imagine they'll get a little more from the Twins and Dodgers, but the deal must go through.

Draft saved Draft deleted