1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Arkansas and Rice were the only SWC schools that escaped probation during that era.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pat Bradley? The shooting guard from Boston who played for Nolan?

And don’t forget the debacle of ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes trying to be the HC of the women’s team.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, Carol Folt was involved with the mess in Chapel Hill. She takes that stance through first-hand experience, and apparently will not tolerate it at Southern California.

Though boosters will inevitably disagree because far too many of them couldn't care less if the coach can consistently deliver 10 wins a year and a national title from time to time, it makes perfect sense.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I think that should be “John Pelphrey”

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

No.

6. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mother Fucker.
    You're right.
    I don't know how the hell I typed in Pat Bradley.

I shall bathe in the Great Lake Of Fail.

[​IMG]

Liut, Inky_Wretch and exmediahack like this.
  8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Dykes' team somehow made it to the NCAA tourney his first year at Arkansas, and during the presser that week, he seemed totally out of his element. I kept wondering how he got that job, and how he managed to make the tourney.

And then I found this on Dykes' Wikipedia page:

"Jimmy lived in Nashville early in his career for 9 months while pursuing a career in country music."

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He got that gig because A. he's an Arkansas alum, B. works for ESPN and C. attended the "right" church so the Armani Ronnie crew was in Long's ear about him.

But coaches around the state said he was absolutely clueless about running a practice, installing a gameplan and allegedly made it known he'd never recruit any girls with tattoos or who were lesbians.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps the laziest thing I’ve ever read in a newspaper. Anybody ever think of doing his own reporting? Thing cites talk radio, but it doesn’t stop there. It cites Fansided.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

SEC Values.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Graham has a better chance of landing at Arizona than Stoops at Florida State.
    Hell, I have a better chance of being the next coach at Arizona than Florida State getting Stoops.

Draft saved Draft deleted