1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And I never said he won't be competitive at MSU, only that WSU was very competitive on his watch.

Since all he cares about is football, I'm sure he'll be happy in Starkville. He sure won't notice a difference in OOC schedules; WSU generally played cupcakes too.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My guess is he’ll not win a division title there just like he didn’t in Pullman and didn’t in Lubbock. And I’ll also guess he’ll lose a couple of games where he publicly calls out his players as fat and entitled just like he did at WSU and Texas Tech. Because it’s never his fault; always theirs. Or the media’s or someone else’s.

Alma, Webster, wicked and 1 other person like this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

A bit of a quibble -- he did share division titles at both Tech (2008) and Washington State (2018)

4. BitterYoungMatador2

did he play in the conference title game? Then he didn’t win shit.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Went 1-7 against Washington, losing the last seven against UW.

The Huskies might have underachieved in other areas, but as long as Leach was in Pullman, they had a hammerlock on the Apple Cup. Just ask Jimmy Lake ... :)

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Arkansas won't play in-state schools in the major sports. AState and Little Rock have both tried to schedule the Razorbacks and have been shot down numerous times.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That’s changing. Arkansas will play UAPB in football in 2021 and 2024, and they’ve already played UALR and UAPB in baseball. Yurachek has discarded the old Frank Broyles policy. A football game against ASU is just a matter of time.

Inky_Wretch and Flip Wilson like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That's a strong hire. Good for WSU.

June... come back to the island.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

11. BitterYoungMatador2

Franklin is another one that nothing ever sticks to for some reason. Tampers with victim in Vanderbilt Rape case, says he checks out his assistant coaches’ wives for hotness, had a former team doctor sue him last year. Now this. Not saying is true, but if there is fire behind this smoke it would certainly explain why (1) so many PSU players were in the transfer portal last year and (2) why Moorhead and Ricky Rahne and his frosted tips got the hell out as soon as an opportunity came along.

Liut, exmediahack and wicked like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It should be the only game Arkansas plays in Little Rock.

Liut and exmediahack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted