1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've seen coaches give outgoing pressers after being let go. Hell, the guy did an amazing job going from startup to FCS to the Bowl division.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

ODU should be competing with NDSU for the top of the food chain in FCS. Seemed like such a hasty decision to go to the FBS

5. DanOregon

Imagine you are a recruit having an in-home with Helton this week.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Why do you assume he’ll coach again? I mean, he might, but re-charging may not mean he’s going to dive right back into coaching. It may just mean that he’s worn down.

I read that he loves Seattle, loves UW. He’s said that he likes that he doesn’t get noticed a ton there. He appreciates his privacy, not being bothered. He doesn’t need the spotlight or the media attention. He’s made his money, too, so I could actually see him being a Husky for life, working in the athletic department and never coaching again.

7. DanOregon

Not saying he'll dive back in - but I think he enjoys coaching football. Maybe he takes a low-profile job somewhere where there aren't as many headaches. It is surprising if only because it didn't sound like there were a lot of headaches with players at UW, like there have been in the past.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. DanOregon

I understand following college recruiting is a big part of a beat - but man - so glad I don't have to follow three-star players on social media.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sounds like Barry Odom will land as Bud Foster's successor at Virginia Tech.

12. DanOregon

Draft saved Draft deleted