1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia, he's been an assistant with them.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Haggins has zero interest in being head coach. He’s a Nole lifer and has been a DL coach at FSU for 25 years and now through three coaches. But he’s well-loved and isn’t seeking a tryout, so a good choice for interim for a couple games.

Plus, he’s 2-0 after filling in in 2017 after Jimbo’s Christmas Tree was put on curb.

jlee likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

Goes both ways. By negotiating such a lowball salary with New England Beilema could be found to be not honoring his part of the contract.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Right, each side could and probably would argue bad faith.

With my Holiday Inn Express law degree, my guess is that in the end they'll settle for roughly the contract amount.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was reportedly a beef with Bielema that earned Michael Bennett a trip out of Foxboro to the Cowboys after a one-game suspension.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I am delighted to see you posting here.
    I was hoping you didn't take a header off the Prudential Building after the events of last evening.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've said this so many times. I'm not a Pats fan. I'm an Eagles fan. But for two decades now, 20 percent of all NFL history, I have seen New England win so often I no longer ever expect the team to lose, even when it looks apparent they will.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The Taggart situation had to happen Sunday or they were potentially put in a pickle if FSU won at Boston College on Saturday, because then you're looking at a 6-6 situation and maybe a bowl win is 7-6. Not great, but an improvement. He was handed a chicken shit sandwich and didn't have the right early answers to feel like he was turning it into a chicken salad sandwich. I don't think FSU is ponying up the money for someone like Bob Stoops so they are going to have to really get a break and find the right hire.

Haggins is a good steward for FSU, but as it was said, he doesn't want to do anything but coach kids and fish in his free time. Head coaching is something that probably doesn't appeal to him long term.

Here's your 2018 Power 5 hires.

Dan Mullen: 17-5
    Mario Cristobal: 15-7
    Jimbo Fisher: 15-7
    Herm Edwards: 12-9
    Joe Moorhead: 12-10
    Willie Taggart: 9-12
    Jeremy Pruitt: 9-12
    Kevin Sumlin: 9-12
    Scott Frost: 8-13
    Chip Kelly: 7-14
    Jonathan Smith: 6-14
    Chad Morris: 4-17

As for Arkansas, why keep Morris? The Razorhogs are getting run off the field by bad football teams. Mississippi State has broke 50 four times since Moorhead got there. Once against Stephen F. Austin, once against Louisiana and twice against Arkansas.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie: I thought you put Jonathan Smith in there as a fake one

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I actually think if they were willing to find $20 million from Boosters in a matter of weeks, they’re prepared to spend what’s needed for a Bob Stoops or other stable retread/established P5 coach (James Franklin or whomever is Dan Mullen-ish). No coordinators. No Taggart, Part 2 (PJ Fleck?).

Draft saved Draft deleted