1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

With Taggart out at FSU, seems like a good time to fire one of these up so we don’t have to read all the weekly threads.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I can’t imagine FSU would fire its head coach without feeling they had a replacement lined up, or are they going to try Haggins out a la Orgeron?

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I think this was reactionary after the piss poor performance yesterday, and the overall feeling about the program nationally. Herbstreit ripped them last night and there is no sense that it is turning for the better.

There is no one lined up, but this is a move to get a head start.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The boosters pooled $20 million to push Taggart out. I'd love to know how that all came together.

garrow and jlee like this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is off the grid, and if it happens, it will probably end up in disaster.......but I think Deion Sanders will get a phone call.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I hope he answers the phone.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of the meaningless predictor blogs had USC vs. FSU in the Interim Bowl -- oops, I mean Sun Bowl.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That is the story. I'm going to guess it has been gradual and stealthy. By that, I mean a few boosters began talking among themselves and, at a certain point, notified the administration they were close. After yesterday, they got over the top and made the call to the top.
    Their gifts will be recorded so that they can't be traced to the buyout. Creative but legal accounting.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

One of the two OC at Climp’s son will get a call, I would assume. Both are worthy plus you’d damage your league rival.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Buyout is somewhere between $17-18M.

Wonder how much lemonade that kid down there sold to help send to Tallahassee.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That would be the biggest disaster in the history of disasters, just based on how he is doing with the high schools in Texas he has founded/coaching for

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The program hadn't had a losing season on the field since 1976 and he was well on his way to back-to-back losing seasons in his first two years. I guess if you think they can beat Boston College, they will end 6-6

In the seven games they lost his first year, they lost by 21, 23, 1, 49, 19, 29 and 27

Draft saved Draft deleted