1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I just don’t see how Bryan comes across as a heel against Lesnar. It doesn’t seem like something that would work.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Can he be our next Corporate Champion?

[​IMG]

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

No chance. Shes basically running Steve Austins gimmick of they wont let me fight from post Summerslam 97. Its amazing and shes the best

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I want to see this match so bad, but I kinda hope they do find a way to drag it out until Wrestlemania. Let the two go back and forth on social media for a couple of months and either don't let them face off since they're on different brands, or have the match but make it a no-contest. Then in a twist have Lynch cost Rousey the Raw title while she holds on to the Smackdown title. Rouseys win the women's Rumble and challenges Lynch, with the payoff at Wrestlemania. Could be golden. My only concern is that Rousey won't be able to put on the level of match this feud deserves right now.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I actually kinda like this idea. Have him go full-on sellout.

7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it's the perfect time to do it. He's better than average on the microphone, he has the look when he's clean shaven. They can build a storyline on why he betrayed everyone that cheered for him.

His "YES" character was getting a bit boring, time for him to try and do something different.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

They can work in the injuries for a natural storyline. "It's time for me to think about my future, not to buck the system..." etc.

Tommy_Dreamer and John B. Foster like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He can also use the "I'm not just the background guy on Total Divas, I'm a big star too." Kinda a cross between Miz and Jericho.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To me, Charlotte should be a full-blown heel, because everything about her screams it. The family name. The entitlement. She should be a heel, and if she goes heel to beat Becky, it helps Lynch become the full-blown face she should be, in that Steve Austin mold when she chases Rousey at WM.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

We have a full trailer for that Paige biopic:

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted