1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Yes - it's a poor photoshop compared to the posters we have today, however, this is just badass:

2. John B. Foster

This is epic.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So, I didn't realize that Punishment Martinez was signed away from ROH to NXT recently. WOuld explain the loss of the TV title obviously but man, that's kind of a hit for ROH, especially if the Bucks, Cody and company split for the WWE as expected.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

ROH has gone way down in the last couple of years. They've been raided big-time by WWE and NXT now with a couple of guys.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Going to be interesting seeing two women in their mid-50s being thrown over the top rope.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Yeah, but that's why they have Future of Honor, kind of like NXT for ROH, to build guys up. That's where Matt Taven and Vinny Marseglia came from, among others.

But yeah, it's tough when they lose talented guys. ROH has gone under a renaissance with Cody coming in and giving it a big shot of legitimacy, but when they go , it'll be interesting to see if guys like Dalton Castle, Taven, Silas Young etc. can carry the brand forward.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was fun. Malenko doing the reverse hurricanrana in 1989 is mind blowing.

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. John B. Foster

I feel this thread needs a bit more action. I’m going to to post a picture of certain wrestlers from time to time and all you need to do is answer if you were/are a fan and tell me your favorite match of such wrestler. Starting off with:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  9. Tommy_Dreamer

I don't think anyone could hate the Hitman. Solid all around performer and he handled the Austin-Hart double switch very well.

Favorite match? I think his 60-minute Ironman match with HBK would be it for me.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Hell yes. Vs. Owen at Wrestlemania 10 for me.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, I was a fan. His WM match with Austin was my favorite.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The match that made Bret what he was...

Hart vs. Sasso

Draft saved Draft deleted