1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Renee, in character, mentions how Ambrose may be listening to Ziggler's entreaties to leave the Shield.

Graves then asks what is she implying, and that she may be starting internet conspiracy theories..

Heh, heh.

2. Baron Scicluna

Ah yes, back when a wrestler could repeat Mexican slurs. Those were the days ...

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Liv Morgan was absolutely unconscious in the ring and they didnt stop the match. Gross.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Liv and Let Knock Unconscious.

Can't wait until the Brie vs. Nikki main event one day.

5. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Botch mode.

sgreenwell and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

"Talent is not sexually transmitted." -- AJ Lee

Tommy_Dreamer and sgreenwell like this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Lot of debate about fault and Brie. Honestly I dont care. Accidents do happen.

Whats worse is that the ref, Brie or so called ringside doctor took as long as they did to get her out. The sequence when shes ragdolled to the corner and cant tag out is disturbing. Like play in court when they get sued and claim theres precautions in place type of bad.

If her neck was damaged or whiplashed and Brie just picks her up and drags her about, the potential injury is so much worse......for me what followed the botch was way harder to stomach than the botch itself

8. John B. Foster

I'm just here for the comments.

9. Baron Scicluna

Mistakes happen, which is why I won't kill Brie for the kicks, but the moving Liv around stuff is terrible.

I wonder how much of it is today's wrestlers not being able to improvise on the fly. I know they have to follow a strict script for TV and PPVs, but I'd think, in that situation, Vince and Co. would allow a little leeway.

Instead of pinning Liv after the kicks, Brie should have played to the crowd somewhat for a minute. If Liv is semi there, lock up, put her hands to your face and have her rake your eyes and have Liv tag out. Grab a headlock or armbar (!) and work from there.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No surprise that Jericho's name has popped up as a perfect example of how you do it.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. John B. Foster

I still remember that. Perfect. Little naitch probably shat his pants there.

12. John B. Foster

Imagine you were the guy Stan was chasing.

Draft saved Draft deleted