1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

He already nearly did that with a car door. WWE had to butter up a fan that took a grazing blow.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember that.

A small part of me thought Owens would grab the briefcase on the ramp and cash in. That would have been fun.

JRoyal likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kept waiting for that. For the show set to end with Roman walking up the ramp and Braun telling him to get his ass back in the ring.
    At least we know what the Hell in a Cell main event will be.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

What was with the eye makeup on Ronda and Becky? Did Vince just watch Cats for the first time pal?

Match of the night for me was smackdown womens triple. Joe and AJ close second, but the finish made it feel like AJ/Nak at Mania. But better.

Fuck Roman Reigns.

One more thing, know what match was way better than I anticipated? Hardy and Nak. Two total pros having fun, telling a story with great facials. Made chicken salad out of a chicken shit angle.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This pay-per-view was too good for the way it ended. Fuck all that crap with Lesnar going out and beating Braun with the briefcase. Dude has taken some chair shots from some beefy guys and brushed them off, but now Lesnar with a briefcase cripples him? A Strowman cash-in would've been great. Or like has been suggested, having Owens run out and cash in with all three guys barely moving. Hell, have Owens steal it and cash in and then have Strowman lay him out. Could make for a hell of a Raw tonight where they're trying to find out if he even could cash in the contract and what it means. Ending with the belt on Reigns was shit compared to all the great stuff they had before that. (Of course, as down as I was on what that match was going to be, it at least was decent.)

Takedown usually is head and shoulders above the co-branded PPV. These were a lot closer in quality. Hopefully, that's a good sign moving forward.

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Watched WWF In your House Canadians Stampede. I forgot how massive the pop was for the Hart Foundation - especially when Bret came out. It's a fun popcorn match. If you have not seen it in a while, I recommend you to give it a watch once again.

7. John B. Foster

8. JimmyHoward33

Question, does Braun Strowman need to cash in tonight for his character's credibility?

He swore he'd cash int he first time Brock showed up.....and did not.

He said he'd cash in on whoever won last night....he did not.

Will the fans forget or will he start losing heat if this keeps up?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, that didn't make much sense. Strowman is a face. So is Reigns. So why does Reigns need to be bailed out by his friends?

Makes more sense if they were saving him from a heel.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

Yep, its cool but its either going to crush Strowmans momentum, or crush Rollins’ monentum, all in the name of gettin Roman a little rub. Yay!

Cool guy babyface whos a fighting champion shouldnt need to go 3 on 1 to beat a guy, monster or not, whos not cheating...

11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Roman is not a face. His script reads like that of a face, but he's the guy the fans want to see lose, and he knows it and the writers know it. He's a heel.

12. John B. Foster

Roman is not a heel. He's more of a tweener - like Orton was for many years. He gets Cena type heat because he gets shoved down our throats all the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted