1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Wait until Braun somehow botches the cash-in because he gets too aggressive, like with KO or the Mixed Challenge with Alexa.

He'd probably be the most over champ since Bryan, so naturally that's what they'd do.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The only way to end that match next week without ridiculous booooooos is for Braun to come down and beat the shit out of both of them.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I was pretty excited by the opening segment and all the possibilities....until THE BIG DOG hit and won the first match. So deflating.

At least give me Rollins vs Reigns next week so I can spend 6 days lying to myself that they’ve been building Seth to this since March and he’s winning.

Batman likes this.
  3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I believe the WWE want Lashley to take the belt off Brock. He matches with Brock physically and the WWE have always been high on him because of his look.

Imagine the great microphone battles will have with Heyman and the great Bobby Lashley. :)

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines of whats a work and whats not I think Lesnar wants Lashley. I think Vince still wants Roman. Maybe its a 3 way. I wouldve liked a 4-5 way like they did last year, gives everybody hope and less reason to take a dump on the match.

Stupid to say but if its Lashley maybe it wont close. Whos Styles line up against? Samoa Joe? Daniel Bryan? Miz? Thats the main event.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's kinda nutty, because in old-school kayfabe, you would have title matches go 2 out of 3 falls and the face would win one of the falls by DQ or count out, and they would rule that the title could only change hands on both winning falls being by pin or submission.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I must have missed that. What did he do to botch those things or get in trouble/get heat for it?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think he means kayfabe wise.

The Braun/Owens feud has been ridiculously one sided. They could have Owens get revenge by interfering during the cash-in. Heck, when the bell rings, Owens runs down, hits Brock/Roman/Bobby, gets Braun DQed. The heat would be massive.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Now on the Network, a rare match from the historic rivalry between Bodydonna Skip and Dwayne Johnson.

Yes ... THAT Dwayne Johnson. This is even before Rocky Maivia.

John B. Foster likes this.
  9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Body Donna Skip ... AKA Chris Candido. Not a bad guy to get your introduction to the ring with since Candido could've wrestled a broom and got 3 stars out of it.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Just finished listening to the Podcast about Mohammad Hassan - in your opinion, you who is the most controversial character in the history of the WWF/E?

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Katie Vick

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Chris Benoit's final act rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted