1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK Main Roster. Follow that.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Loved the main event. Loved the Riccochet match.

Wanted more from the womens and world title matches but I understand they were vehicles to make the champs credible. No arguments with em just not really impressed.

Good Takeover. Prob not great but I mean the bar for these is so freakin high

3. JimmyHoward33

Money in the Bank’s been amazing so far. Style Nakamura’s gotta be 4 3/4 stars.

Elias and Rollins had arguably the match of the weekend before AJ and Nak came out.

And the womens ladder match was great. So much energy, great pacing and fun ladder spots.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Damn, that was awesome. Gotta admit I didn't see it coming, either.

5. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, I liked that. Keeps Ronda strong, and it adds a layer to the Bliss/Nia feud.

Rousey did another good job on this.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought she almost killed Nia with that judo throw, though. And I kept waiting for her to trip on her untied shoelaces.
    All in all, though, that was a much better match/matches than I thought. Rousey showed some wrestling chops and Nia didn't look too bad. Also liked Nia saying, "Fuck you" to Bliss when their match started. Best promo Nia has cut all year.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Now the men's ladder match. Who are the favorites here? Strowman, obviously, and maybe Miz on the Smackdown side?

8. JimmyHoward33

Ronda’s really really good. She’s gone longer in 2 matches than Lesnar has in the last 2 years.

I’m very happy. Probably my favorite ppv since Royal Rumble. This is the good shit.

9. Baron Scicluna

That was very entertaining. They're still scraping up Owens as we speak.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Money in the Bank always seems to deliver. I hate that they don't have the match at Wrestlemania anymore, but it was a smart move spinning it off into its own PPV. Besides the ladder matches, the rest of the card always seems to be solid as well.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. It's like they're making Ronda into the female Braun Strowman. That was incredible.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I don't know what it was, but Bo's impression of Bray was pretty good. It's like they know each other.

Draft saved Draft deleted