1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I think I've watched this about four times and it keeps getting better, because I notice little things each time and it's mostly because of the way Woods sells things with his facial expressions. He's so damn good at it and he pulls all that energy out of Big E and Kofi as well. Such a dynamic and great group.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I love this video on so many levels. However, the old-school in me wonders what the wrestling world would be if Kayfabe would still exist today? Yes, I know it’s impossible but still fun to think about.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Pro wrestling has come a long way since Jerry Lawler slapped Andy Kaufman.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

The little thing that I like is Stephanie and Trips being kinda lovey Dovey. I mean, we know they're married with three kids, but I'm so used to them being this evil power couple that it's nice to see that they're real people who love each other too.

Like they did a couple of years ago when Trips made a little boy cry at ringside, and they both felt bad for him and broke character to console him.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Back before they publicly acknowledged they were married, I always used to love when Triple H would be in the ring and Stephanie would come on the Titantron in full ass-kicker mode. Trips would say, "Hiii, Steph," like a little boy with a schoolyard crush and it would crack me up every time.

6. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, I liked that too.

There was also one time, after a couple of years, when the two of them were in the ring and Trips went on some rant about his opponent, then turned to her, and gave her the "Hi Steph!" She gave a flirty smile, and the crowd popped huge.

Batman likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Pretty remarkable when you think about it. He had those few years when he kept going in, out, in, out, in, out of WWF/E, but he's definitely built himself into a Hall of Fame career easily. I think that would make him and Dusty the first father/son HOF'ers -- unless David Flair or Grandmaster Sexay beat him to the punch :D.

Right now, looks like he's genuinely enjoying rubbing shoulder with the 205 guys.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  8. Baron Scicluna

What? You don't have faith that Jason Jordan will beat him there?

9. Baron Scicluna

Also, looking it up, there already is a father-son combo with Stu Hart and Bret Hart. Bret was inducted before Stu.

At some point, they'd probably also induct The Rock, if he can ever find time in his movie schedule, to join his dad Rocky Johnson.

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Duh. Totally forgot about Stu.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Ortons will do it eventually. Bob is already in and Randy will be whenever he retires, although that could be another 10 or 15 years. Randy has been around so long it's easy to forget he's only 37.
    I wonder if the Hennigs will also earn that distinction. Kind of surprised they haven't already, to be honest.

12. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

One, if not the most underrated wrestler ever. He’s phenomenal in the squared circle.

Draft saved Draft deleted