1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Simmons mentioned that the size of Andre's anatomy was the one they consistently got when they mentioned the project, so they felt they had to at least hint at it, and Flair's comments were perfect considering what he was talking about and who he (Flair) was. I also think that Big Show gets pissed about the Andre thing - like, he never wanted to be billed that way, and it got him heat early in his career - and he doesn't like to talk about it.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Orndorff taking it a bit too far. I forget if this type of stuff happened a lot by heels.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Wasn't he a face then? Looks like he's directing that at Mr. Fuji, who was managing Don Muraco.

EDIT: That's from their WM2 match ... about 2:10 in:

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Chico (La Bamba) Santana and Koko B(uckwheat) Ware say hello.

WWF wasn't exactly PC in the 1980s.

John B. Foster likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the crowd's reaction when this pops up on the Titantron in about 8 years.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You know, they said they were giving up the belts because Nicholas had a prior commitment.

There is always summer vacation, though.

7. John B. Foster

I’m really interested in knowing the backstory in all of this. Why him? There must be a valid reason. I understand he’s the refs son, but it must be bigger than that.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If he's the ref's son, he's probably around the back enough to be known by the boys or the office, but not so prominent that it could be an issue down the road or that the smarks would immediately know, like if you used one of Shane or Steph's kids. (Plus, they're probably due on TV any day now, since they're McMahons. Eventually in 15 years, every prominent talent on the roster will have a McMahon authority figure interfering in their feuds.)

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, I think we just found Nicholas' Summerslam opponents.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. John B. Foster

But why him specifically is what I’m really curious about. There’s a reason they chose him and not some other random kid. Who knows, I’m probably just overthinking this.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So ... interesting bit of news today.

I might have the opportunity to interview Cody next week for their upcoming ROH show here in Lakeland (FL).

Also, should have another ROH talent available for my podcast. I'm personally hoping for The Horror King Vinny Marseglia.

I will keep you updated and if you want me to ask Cody anything that might be relevant to the interview, fire away. (It's looking like a good possibility that's it's going to happen, but I"ll keep you all updated).

Batman and John B. Foster like this.
  12. John B. Foster

Maybe you can ask him why he decided to go blonde? Is it a tribute to his dad? Brother?

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted