1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Got to love the phrasing here:

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And now this: He took his name off his Twitter handle (it was "Rusev of Rusev Day" earlier this afternoon). Mighty cryptic tweet.

3. Baron Scicluna

Apparently, Michelle McCool isn't too pleased.

We could always have a mixed tag casket match: Taker/McCool vs. Rusev/Lana. Book it.

ADD: Or, maybe not. Still, let's book the mixed tag match.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Their whole handling of Rusev lately has been shitty, so who the fuck knows? Sometimes when a guy gets over, they just seem determined to fight against the crowd reaction, and vice versa if the crowd isn't responding how they want. Unless it gets to a Daniel Bryan or CM Punk level, where it hijacks the entire rest of the show, they seem content to just wait it out, even if it means they're missing a golden opportunity. It's especially puzzling with Rusev though, since 1) he has the sort of look and power they usually go apeshit for and 2) he's actually good on the mic and in-ring.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

See Cesaro, Antonio.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

A news site pointed out that on the NXT website, Andrade Almas & Drew McIntyre have been removed from the NXT banner when entering the site. They've been replaced notably by Tommaso Ciampa and Velveteen Dream. Ember Moon also was removed and replaced by Shayna Baszler.

So looks like Almas & Drew might be involved in the Superstar Shakeup. Besides, both men weren't even used in last night's NXT tapings.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

They probably should've removed Owens if they want us to believe he's really "fired"

[​IMG]

John B. Foster likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Shoemaker briefly brought up the idea of sending Owens or Zayn back to NXT, which I think could be awesome if done well. He also brought up the idea of free agency being a kayfabe thing that should be used more often - Like, instead of just John Cena dithering about what show he wants to be on, have three or four different guys doing that gimmick. They're already going in that direction a little bit anyway, with the updates about Lesnar's contract too.

JimmyHoward33 and John B. Foster like this.
  9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Stumbled upon this. Love these features.

I've bumped into Swoggle/Dylan a few times at the local minor league baseball park. Truly one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

10. Baron Scicluna

That would be awesome, with them first complaining about being sent down as if they're too big for NXT, then the roster goes nuts on them and they have to fight for their lives.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Finished the Andre documentary last night. It was great, but couple observations.

- Didn't really need Ric Flair quipping about the size of his "little Andre."
    - Botox much, Cary Elwes?
    - No interview with the Big Show? Are they saying that what WCW said in 1995 about him being Andre's son was fabricated?

Definitely more poloshed than the A&E Biography on Andre from the late 90s.

12. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, I saw it yesterday. That Flair part made me shake my head.

Liked the early clips of Andre. I had the William Regal "He's A Man" theme song running through my head when they showed him as a lumberjack.

Draft saved Draft deleted