1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 Olympics: Tirico to replace Costas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Feb 9, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was re-watching the 1997 World Series this fall in prep for this year's series and was interested to see how that booth of Costas, Uecker and Morgan plays 20 years later. Watching, I realized Costas hasn't changed at all. I think our sensibilities as viewers have changed. He was just as preachy and so sure that his viewpoint is the only one any civilized person could possibly take. Morgan annoyed me less this time around than he did in real-time. Uecker is Uecker.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

For those of us of a certain age, this feels like what it will probably feel like in Britain when the Queen dies.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Uecker is which Uecker? The one who does Brewers play by play is far difference than the celebrity clown version on national display.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I still like Costas when he covers baseball and just talks about the game and related stories bc he knows a lot about it and his enthusiasm can be infectious. But his reverend act wore thin years ago.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes and heyabbott like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Costas was always like your brother in law. Yeah, there were times when he was ok to be around, but for the most part he was annoying and you thought your sister could do better.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd watch Costas on an interview show. "Later" was darned good, with great guests.

exmediahack and Chef2 like this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thirded.

Draft saved Draft deleted