1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL off-season thread: Mr. Alex Smith goes to Washington

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 30, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You want Foles?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Philly should trade Wentz. His value will never be higher.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I think Cousins tries to leverage his way into Minnesota. Good OL, young, talented weapons on offense and a quality defense. He'll have to discipline himself to cut down on turnovers but otherwise it's his best path to serious playoff contention.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This will be the hot take on sports talk radio come Monday should Foles play even average.

QYFW likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Denver, too. That's a playoff team with even average QB play. And two good WRs who'd be happy to have a guy like Cousins.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

I feel like Denver is on the back end of their window unfortunately, they wasted two years of great defense with awful QB play and without a reliable running game like Minnesota has. Could Cousins beat New England or even Pittsburgh without a good running game? I'm not sure.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Minnesota is not paying what Cousins wants. Denver might.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

What's the estimated contract? Somewhere around $135M over five with $70M+ in signing bonus?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As my backup? Hell yeah.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If Jacksonville wants to ditch Bortles and replace him with Cousins, it's a Super Bowl team.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

How is Denver's line? Their options / play at QB have been so bad, it's hard to tell how much it effects the rest of the team. Pretty easy to stack the box and rush if there isn't any reason to respect the pass, and if your offense can't string together long drives, then it doesn't matter how good the D is because they eventually get gassed.

Draft saved Draft deleted