1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL off-season thread: Mr. Alex Smith goes to Washington

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 30, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Money

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I once thought "being driven to the ground" was pretty much the definition of tackling. They don't go down voluntarily.

They might as well just make it illegal to tackle QBs altogether if they're gonna call that shit. We'll just go with flag football rules for that position.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I meant people other than the NFL and its officials.

4. Hopefully, it's preseason for the officials too.
    Wow, blown calls like that will ruin interest in the game.

5. outofplace

Looks like the Ravens will open the season without cornerback Jimmy Smith. According to a report on The Athletic, Smith is facing a 'multi-week" league suspension. He was suspended four games last season for violating the league's PED policy, but the report doesn't make it clear what the reason for the upcoming suspension will be. It sounds like he has already been suspended, but the league hasn't made it public yet pending Smith's appeal.

6. Guaranteed that type of play won't be called if its Vontaze Burifect or Terrell Suggs sacking Ben Roethlisberger. ;)

7. outofplace

I really am surprised that Roethlisberger hasn't publicly flipped out about officiating at least once in his career, partly because he's a little too open with what he is willing to say on occasion. I just wonder if it is all really big quarterbacks with some mobility who seem to take more illegal hits with no call than they should or just Roethlisberger and Cam Newton.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

9. If that was Brady being tackled the defender would be ejected, suspended and the Pats awarded 2 touchdowns and a 2nd round pick.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Who would get an NFL job first and who is last. Tebow, Dez, Michael Sam, Kaepernick or Incognito?

Draft saved Draft deleted