1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, let's face it. Whichever QB the Browns pick we're all gonna think it was a mistake. They could draft Clone Tom Brady and we'd be saying "there go the Browns again."

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

They should have traded down and taken him in the 6th round.

Michael_ Gee and QYFW like this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I wish they held the first half of the first round Thursday and the second half a month from now. Can’t believe they haven’t done this yet; they’re leaving a lot of untapped oxygen in the room.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ryan Gosling, er Jared Goff in a pretty good little flick.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This cracked me up.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Why is Josh Allen falling so hard...did his people stop giving money to Kiper?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because none of his teammates went to his 21st birthday party.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Allen seems like the ultimate "we're selling jeans here" pick, to steal and re-purpose some shit from Moneyball. If you draft him and fix his accuracy issues, you seem like the greatest coach alive, and some coaches probably think they can do that. To me, the chances of that happening aren't 0, but they're really low, and job security is rough in the NFL. My guess would be that people are getting cold feet, realizing that if the Allen pick doesn't pan out - and it probably won't - they lose their job. The other four QBs, I'm not sure which will be Top 10 talents, but I think there is less chance they flame out spectacularly.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A lot of the "falling stock/rising stock" stuff is from teams hoping to scare off teams from a player they want.
    The Mayfield thing? My guess its the Browns hoping someone will make them a great deal on their 4, like the Bears jumping up a spot last year.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted