1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 19, 2018.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I’m sure an undersized arrogant QB from the Big 12 will be the Browns’ savior.

The Ward pick was fine. Their secondary needs a playmaker. It was more of a need than D-line.

JC likes this.
  2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I’m really wondering who the Patriots pick at 23. Although reports are Belichick loved Lamar Jackson, I just can’t see it. I can’t see Belichick picking anyone at 23. He’ll trade down or go defense, preferably linebacker or cornerback.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

1) Every team needs a defensive lineman. If you have four All-Pros, you still need a defensive lineman.

2) There is no position the Browns don’t need.

Tweener and doctorquant like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's part of the problem, assuming they will both stay healthy. More importantly, they need a quality third receiver. What do they have at receiver aside from Brown and Smith-Schuster? Hunter?

Maybe they will go receiver early. The first-round inside linebackers are all gone. I'm not surprised, but once again I find myself wishing they weren't so averse to trading up to get a key player they need. The Steelers haven't done that in the first round since Polamalu.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

O lineman.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Patriots HAVE to pick a QB in this draft.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Still fills a big need for the team. QB does not. I know Jackson will go, but there are more immediate positions that need depth.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Why?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Joe Thomas has to be in the top 5 wastes HOF careers in sports history, up there with Ernie Banks.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Exactly how the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. You can never have enough d lineman

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Giants too, twice.

12. And Bryant has missed how many games due to suspension? I think it's a safe bet he'll miss some more.
    They need for ILB and secondary help is immense. They aren't going to improve without upgrades on defense. I think the offense without Bryant is still rock solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted