1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Per Woj's tweet, she'd been ill for a while. They were in Oakland for the first two games, Saturday and Monday. I can't even imagine ...

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Good gawd. Absolutely devastating. RIP.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn, don't know how you continue coaching during that. Best wishes to Pop and his family.

4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Fair or foul to ask LeBron that question?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Please. They asked Durant. They asked Kerr. I assume a lot of other NBA'ers were asked.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You gotta ask. I mean, you know what the answers will be, but you still have to ask.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I heard some dipshits on the radio this morning complaining that LeBron was “ambushed” with the question.

Then they found out he knew beforehand that the reporter was going to ask it.

Then they started complaining about him being a phony for pretending he didn’t know.

LeBron Derangement Syndrome is real.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yeah, this just shows how fake the whole postgame interview process for TV is. The players know they're just going to answer softball questions about the game, or asked for their approval ahead of time for a more difficult question.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think it's a little different to ask a player immediately after a game in a TV-soundbite interview. What are you expecting? Are you hoping for tears in addition to the standard thoughts/prayers/condolences? It's tacky if you ask me. If he knew the question first, then it's doubly fake. And I'm not knocking LeBron, for all I know maybe he gave an eloquent answer later to other media. But you're putting a player in a weird spot there, right after a game.

John B. Foster likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Durant's first reaction was pretty genuine.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

For some stupid reason watched the T-Wolves-Rockets for a while last night (I'm West Coast/last game of night) and how does Thibideau have a job still? D Rose and Bejlica took as many shots as Towns and two of Towns' shots were corner 3s when he had a guard on him. For some reason as well, Wiggins has not progressed an inch as a player; he looks like he could go for 40 if they just game him the ball. The Wolves are horrid on O. Played some good D, but jeez when my guys in my weekly pickup game run a 4 man weave we get more assists than the Wolves. Towns should be dominating inside, instead he's jacking 3s and its Teague/Rose/Crawford going 1 on 1.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Next on Info Wars, Lebron killed Mrs Pop

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted