1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There was a recent discussion that Westbrook’s tripdoub avg this year flew under the radar. Unlike last year’s coronation. A longtime sportswriter/Columnist said that there are plenty of guys in the NBA who could have a triple double. If all they wanted to do was average a triple double.

BTW Carmelo Anthony is going into the Hall of Fame, 1st Time eligibility.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am not negating James' performance in any way. IMO he had a pretty mediocre game by his standards. But at least he was working. About eight Cavs couldn't say the same.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This serves as a good reminder that there are plenty of longtime sportswriter/columnists who are as dumb as a rock.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Strong agreement If it was so easy, how come only two guys ever did it? Also I'll bet 10 bucks to one that the very same columnist has more than once written that NBA stars are more into their own stats than team goals.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yep. Classic "I hate the NBA" guy. He'll also be happy to tell you nobody plays any defense and it's all one-on-one.

6. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Yep. I remember getting to my first biggish beat. Some folks were talking really fine details about a game. I thought, "wow, they know their shit." Then I started watching games close. They were just shooting nonsense from the hip.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Today's loss snapped a 21-game winning streak for LeBron James in first-round playoff games. His Heat and Cavaliers teams had swept five straight series and won 21 consecutive games in the first round since the Knicks won Game 4 in the 2012 playoffs.
    This was also the first time a LeBron-led team has ever lost Game 1 of a first-round series.
    All-time, James has a 44-6 record in the first round and has never lost a series.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Whenever you can go back to "since the Knicks won a playoff game" you have a long streak.

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Like some folks I am just now picking up on the NBA because the playoffs have started. One thing that stands out to me is that Ros Gold-Onwude is an impressive addition to the TNT broadcast.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    HanSenSE likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

T wolves play the worst O of remaining team; Harden guarding Towns and they tell him to go to a corner; biggest shots are being taken by Crawford and rose 1 on 1; great;

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

She's been equally missed on Warriors telecasts.

What sets her apart is she knows the game from a players' perspective, having played at Stanford. I know she also works New York Liberty games and does some color on Pac-12 Networks.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Spurs friction? Quite unbecoming.

Pop on Kawhi's return status: Ask 'his group'

"You'll have to ask Kawhi and his group that question," Popovich said. "So far, they say that he's not ready to go. So we can't do anything until that happens. Then, we would have to decide what's going on from there. But that's the first thing that has to happen."

Draft saved Draft deleted