1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First round in the west is going to be interesting, probably one of the more interesting first rounds since you have about five teams that all virtually tied - won't mean anything in the end.
    I do think the playoffs are fun because they make and break players. Doesn't matter what your shoe deal is, how much you get paid - you lose in the first round and you pretty much wear it. Either you didn't play well enough or you didn't make your teammates better.
    On the other hand, these playoffs could take the Brow, Simmons and O Frikio to another level.

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

So last offseason, there was some FIRE on here about the deal JJ Reddick got. It seems less based on substance (Philly had money it needed to burn and did so with no long-term question), but more on the principal that Reddick wasn't good enough for the paycheck.

From that lens, he's probably still not. But at season's end, he was the second-leading per-game scorer for the upstart No. 3 seed in the East. He shot 42 percent on 6.6 3s a game, was a respectable 50-plus percent from 2, didn't mess up the No. 4 defense in the league. Missing 12 games isn't the best. So was that worth it to folks?

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yep, I recall @Songbird was totally up in arms over Redick's contract.

But a season later I think it's proven to be damn good use of that money. Especially given how useless Fultz turned out to be, the Sixers needed Redick even more than they realized at the time. And he delivered.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, JJ Redick and $25 million a year were incongruent in the same sentence.

But yes, JJ Redick had a nice year for the Sixers.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Found what I said at the time. I'll stand by this.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Rozier just made a Milwaukee defender look silly to hit a 3-pointer with .5 seconds to put Boston up. Wow.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Holy Crap!

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Go figure. Rozier left too much time on the clock!

Hell of a finish to regulation.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This has been an excellent game. Bledsoe has not had a very good game at all (he was the guy Rozier pantsed).

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gonna be tough for the Cavs to whip Toronto again at this rate.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oladipo went nuts. Cavs had five different players who combined for more than 40 minutes of game time and didn't add a point.
    Better flip that switch.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

James had a triple-double, the kind a superstar can rack up when he's the only player on his team doing anything at all in a hopeless loss I'd love to know how many of his passes became missed shots by other Cavs alongside his 12 assists

Draft saved Draft deleted