1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's a good point. Hadn't really thought of it that way.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus Miami plays a brutal, thuggish style of basketball. Seems so out of place in 2018.

Oh, Pat Riley is still their president.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I think I've got a new team to root for, the Utah Jazz. Worst nickname in pro sports, but love how hard they compete and their attention to detail. Really rooting for Rubio to show how his perseverance will pay off (can he lose the ponytail/samurai knot though?). What a contrast to the Thunder, the ultimate 1 on 1 team. Now if only Gobert could have the hands of Webber and dunk everything. How about Ingles (INGLES!) getting in George's grill and not backing down?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Great block by LBJ and then the 3 at the buzzer. Onions.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Pacers had a foul to give, didn’t they?

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn LBJ is great; and that's just from following the gamecast on line and seeing the box score.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For some idiots on here it doesn’t matter what he does in these rounds dragging horseshit teams much farther than he should.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Jose Calderon was taking important shots with 2:30 left of a pivotal playoff game. That’s how shitty his surrounding cast is at this point.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The news may be the block and the shot, but the defense that led to the block ... looking at the clips, I think if the Pacers player takes it straight in, it's a basket. But he had to go to the backhand with LBJ hounding him.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

LBJ has the following averages:

Points Rebounds Assists
    2004-2005 27.2 7.4 7.2
    2017-2018 27.5 8.6 9.1
    Career 27.2 7.4 7.2

I think that because he has been so consistent for so long we take him for granted. He has been the best player in the world for 14 years. No one has the all-round game he has in the history of basketball. He could have been named MVP every year.

We can argue if he is better than Jordan (I think not). But he is certainly the best American athlete of this century.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

"As a kid, you always have those 'three-two-one' moments, and being able to have one of those moments, that's what it kind of felt like. Felt like I was a kid all over again," James said. "Just playing basketball at my house, makeshift hoops and my socks as a basketball. Making the [swish] noise."

This, to me, why LeBron is great. He plays with a sense of urgency AND a love for the game, year after year after year.

Iron_chet likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, Tiger Woods is.

Draft saved Draft deleted