1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Thunder had 10 assists last night. Cue Harry Doyle voice: "Ten goddamn assists" They barely had a TEAM triple-double.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What is the deal with Utah's branding? One minute they are white-outted and traditional, primary green-yellow with their Jazz logo displayed, the next minute they are completely wacked-out in Astros colors circa 1978, complete with a completely reskinned floor featuring Bryce Canyon or some such. WTH?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh was on TV the other night.

Jake_Taylor and Stoney like this.
  4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Markelle Fultz, 1st pick. Donovan Mitchell, 13th pick. Oops.

Imagine the future juggernaut the Sixers would have if those picks were reversed.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm sick of hearing about the sixers. Would rather hear more about the Jazz.

6. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Imagine if Othani was ready for the Majors, the Angels would be unstoppable.

7. LongTimeListener

8. poindexter

All of these NBA wives/ex-Lakers relationships run together for me, so forgive me - has he cheated on her yet?

9. LongTimeListener

The way we define it? Undoubtedly.

I don't think these women consider it cheating though until the guy's earning potential is tapped out. And Fisher could bring in a lot as a coach or broadcaster. Permanent free pass, I'd say.

10. poindexter

Derek Fisher is an LA version of Mike Francessa; Fisher has a job on TNT or NBA tv, and I see him and think, good god, what on earth has he done to deserve this plumb job? He is a complete zero on the air.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What are the chances Pop is done coaching in the NBA?

Between his wife's issues and the shitshow of the Kawhi circus this year, I wonder if he doesn't walk away.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to think he'll stick around at least another year just because hanging around the empty house is going to sound kind of awful. Certainly wouldn't shock me, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted