1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 NBA playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Do we need to put together a 10-minute blooper reel of JR Smith having the ball go off his knee when trying to execute a six-foot runner?

2. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I just did, and I'm still not convinced. There is some separation to get a shot off -- so of course he should've taken it -- but I still don't believe JR Smith, of all people, would've made it.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm surprised 13 players averaged more than 9.1 rebounds in the playoffs. Only 12 averaged more than that in the regular season, with almost double the sample size.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

KD had his back to him as he didn’t block out and was under the hoop because he thought it was going in. No guarantees by JR had a 3 footer just to pop back up with.

Tweener likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

he played most of the series with 1hand.
    He had a triple double in the finals against the GSW with a BROKEN HAND his shooting hand. He might have scored 100 if only he could have played with 2 hands.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Actually that play represented a mistake by the Cavs. Normally you do not have a guard lined up in one of the first two offensive rebounding positions but rather someone with more size, like LeBron. I am sure the reason that LeBron was behind the shooter and not lined up on the side of the foul line is thee Cavs were trying to rest LeBron.

Normally that makes sense. NBA players make 75% of their free throws and the defensive player with inside position probably gets 80% of the rebounds. So the situation rarely occurs where the player for an offensive team gets a rebound. Having LeBron play back means he does not have to run back on defense and can get a little bit or a rest.

But with four seconds left Golden State was going to call a timeout on a missed free throw. So at the end of the game a coach should not have guards in the rebounding position but ensure his biggest guys are down there.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lebron who has the highest basketball IQ in the game should have known this and positioned himself accordingly. He overrules the little coach all the time. Lebron also should have known that he had timeouts left.

Tweener likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You want to be as dumb as @heyabbott ?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Normally you make the goddamn freethrow

10. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it’s counting guys who played as few as five games. Westbrook was at 12. Simmons at 9.4. Mirotic at 9.6.

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted