1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 MLB Spring Training Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They will if they either think it's the last time they can see him / at some point in the season he announces he's done after the year

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

My buddy who is a M's fan said he's happy with him as a 4th OF. I told him Ichiro sucked last year, .649 ops, -.3 WAR. Guess some people think it's a good
    move. I think Derek Jeter is a fucking legend also, but remember reading here the Yankees kept him too long.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's a fourth outfielder people might pay to see. Name another such in the major leagues. PS: Do you think Derek Jeter's last year made or cost the Yankees money?

4. cjericho

They make money every year. His last year he was pretty much done. Ichiro last season was pretty much done.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The object of the game is for your team to score more runs than the other team. Trout contributes more to that end than Rose did. I can't believe I have to write that in 2018.

6. cjericho

And it's not even close.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

IJAG would.

amraeder likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is more ridiculous than any of your basketball posts, that is tough to do.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In a non-DH sense, Giancarlo Stanton.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ichiro hit .296 from July 1 until the end of the season last year. He has no power, but can still play acceptable defense and is more than qualified to be a fourth or fifth outfielder, and a left-handed bat off the bench.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted