1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 MLB playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FileNotFound, Oct 2, 2018.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Best thing about this year’s postseason: At worst, there can be no more than five Yankees-Red Sox games. Even better: Whoever wins that series can get rolled by the Astros.

I’m looking for a Dodgers-Astros World Series rematch and a Houston repeat. Who ya got?

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Good vs. Evil. Dodgers vs. Red Sox.

lakefront likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is rare that a 108 win team enters the postseason with its one and two starters complete question marks (Sale for health, Price for postseason history), but that's where the Red Sox are. They SHOULD make the Series and win it, but I sure wouldn't put money on it. FWIW, people, especially me, have underrated the Braves all year. But for contrariety's sake, I'll go with Brewers-Indians for the World Series with the most snowouts in history.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who is good?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I picked a Cubs-Astros World Series (with the Astros winning) before the season and I'm sticking to that, though obviously the Cubs part is looking pretty shaky and could be out of the mix after today.

I still think the Astros are the best team in MLB. Since they have gotten back to full strength following the Springer, Correa and Altuve injuries, they've been a machine.

I'm not optimistic the Braves will make a run, but I'd like them to at least win a playoff series, which amazingly, they haven't done since 2001.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I haven't paid attention to baseball since May (thanks, Orioles). But I'll root for the Brewers because I like Schoop.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Braves have Markakis, Gausman and Brach, so feel free to root for them as well.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Dodgers over Braves in 3
    Brewers over Cubs in 5

Brewers over Dodgers in 7

Red Sox over As in 4
    Astros over Indians in 5

Red Sox over Astros in 7

Red Sox over Brewers in 6

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good call. Can't go for the Yankees, though, Britton notwithstanding.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Astros-Red Sox will be a must watch ALCS. The NL doesn't do it for me this year. I'm rooting against teams more than for them (Go Braves! Beat LA!) Rockies would be fun to see them win but they've been dealt a shit hand with trips from-to Colorado-Los Angeles-Chicago in consecutive days. I blame my Giants for sucking so hard.

11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Goose Gossage just punched a wall.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This probably doesn't matter in the playoffs, but the Indians have hung some really big numbers on Verlander throughout his career.

Draft saved Draft deleted