1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I can hear Doc sneaking this story into the broadcast tonight in that way only Doc can.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Welp, this is an ass kicking.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If Chara had been an extra in "No Country for Old Men," he would've taken Anton Chigurh's cattle stunner right in the grill, shaken it off, and beaten the 10 count to his feet.
    You know Chara wants to play Thursday night. Just a matter of whether medical staff lets him.

HC likes this.
  4. terrier

Boston played a big role in Van the Man's life. But even he would appreciate trolling the STL with either Hendrix or that other guy named Morrison singing the bluer (in the Buddy Hackett sense) versions of the Them classic.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not sure Chara wasn't concussed as well ... he looked like he wasn't there when he was sitting on the bench in the third period. Eyes were just glazed.

6. terrier

On EEI yesterday, Lou Merloni described a way to protect Chara's jaw and mouth, enabling him to play, that made me wonder how many times he's seen "Silence of the Lambs."

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

It’s certainly possible...although the glazed over look may have been from shock wearing off and sheer agony setting in.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

True, that couldn't have felt good, even for a beast like Chara. Seems like it's 50-50 that he'll play tomorrow. Have really enjoyed this series. Hope it goes 7.

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I think he's going to play. Just my guess.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

As a Bruins fan my game-by-game post game reactions have been:

Game 1: This series won’t go long.
    Game 2: Holy fuck they got dominated.
    Game 3: This series won’t go long.
    Game 4: Holy fuck they got dominated.

Who knows what to expect tonight. Hopefully they cut down the D-zone yips and find an answer for the Blues’ cycle/forecheck.

Incidentally, today is Neely’s birthday, and also the anniversary of his trade to Boston in 1986.

Liut likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chara participated in the morning skate today.

Liut likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Go Blues.

Draft saved Draft deleted