1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think the Penguins are on the same path as the Ducks, one year later. Get swept in the playoffs, look old and slow, don't make the playoffs next season.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Their top end players are far better than the Ducks top end guys. But they are definitely trending in the wrong direction.

ChrisLong likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, Crosby had a great season and is still near the top of his game. Guentzel is very good, still growing. But their defense was just not very good this year, and Letang is well past his prime. Hornqvist and Malkin are 32, Kessel is 31. Malkin seems to be more injury prone late in his career. Curious to see if the Pens make any rash moves to try to get a little younger around Crosby.

4. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

James Neal is the answer if the question is ‘Who is the worst player in the NHL?’.
    He single handedly lost tonight’s classic game against Colorado. Just brutal. Someone has to call him out.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Went back to see the last time the two No. 1 seed from each conference were eliminated in the first round in the same year. Short answer: It's never happened. They didn't start dividing by conference until 1982. Crazy.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Anybody think MacKinnon is better than McDavid?

7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

No.

MacKinnon is great, however, he's not on McDavid' level.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Another goal in first 1:16 for Sharks-Vegas game. Shockingly it wasn't Vegas scoring...

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Less concerned than I was on Monday night. Canes won on a dumb turnover 17 seconds in and Brooks Orpik disappearing with 27 seconds left in the second. Mrazek was good. Good thing for the Caps is they actually don't have to win in Raleigh to win this series. So we'll check back in on Saturday night.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oshie's broken arm doesn't worry you? I'm guessing that what happened. Then again, a potential suspension and injuries are going to put Carolina in a tough spot for forwards.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So both. But Oshie has (regrettably) been a zero in this series. Outside of the goal in Game 2. It's Dmitri Jaskin time, I suppose. I never thought this series was going to be easy.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Also, that Monday game was the most reprehensible display of "hockey" I've seen the Caps play in a decade. So, sure, I'll feel better after a 2-1 loss where they were a couple of mistakes away from winning.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted