1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As I just tweeted, my first reaction was it is excessive. I told my son, 10 games. But this is his fourth suspension since the start of last season. That was a key factor in the length. They're tired of seeing his ass. He earned it and like Cosmo, I'm over his shit.

Defense begins tonight, without him. They won 2 of the 3 he sat for against the Penguins. They'll adjust and deal.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Definitely explains the urgency in scooping Jaskin off waivers. Walker's a nice little player, but he's not a 20-game fill-in.

3. Moderator1

Yeah. I told my son when I saw the Jaskin news that they were covering their asses. I wonder if the league said get ready, we're wiping his ass out.

If this was baseball, they'd call Walker a Four-A player. Just not quite good enough for the big time. Hell, Edmonton cut him after two games.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I cried during that ceremony. Not afraid to admit it. Now let's play some hockey!

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  5. Moderator1

I'm still crying - and I love the fast start

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

TSN web site reporting that he’s being fined $1.26 million dollars. Don’t care whether that Canadian or US it’s a hell of a lot of money. Not saying it isn’t deserved.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Enjoy the moment Caps fans. You earned it. Just don't come back next spring as the same bundles of nerves.

8. Moderator1

I saw somewhere that may not be right - this year doesn't pay him big money the way the deal is structured. But whatever, he earned his suspension and whatever the fine may be.

9. Moderator1

Have y0u met us?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I speak as a Phillies fan. After 1980 I just wasn't as anxious. Still cared, still hated losing (still do!). But I no longer thought I was doomed by a hostile all-powerful fate.

11. Moderator1

I am curious to see how I handle things this spring. I mean hell, it has been won back to back like once in 20 years. Blackhawks won three this decade but never back to back. It's not easy.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This Boston team will finish with 100 points. Just seemed from the start that there was no way the Caps were losing this one. Sometimes, it's not your night.

Draft saved Draft deleted