1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

@Cosmo @Moderator1

What did you two think of DSP getting sent to the AHL?

He was such a wonderful part of the title run. Heard he showed up to camp overweight and out of shape though.

He turned down better deals to stay in DC this year too. Glad he’s still in the Caps’ organization. Hope he bounces back at some point.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Thanks
    He'll play in Detroit
    Sounds like Nyqvist is on the move too, which is good
    Holland learned his lesson from getting nothing for Filppula and Hudler a few years ago

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He missed nearly the entire preseason because of his poor conditioning. When you're a fourth liner, you can't put yourself behind the 8 ball like that. He was a huge contributor in the playoffs, and I'm glad he cleared waivers. But the move made sense. He wasn't performing this year, and just getting back into the playoffs isn't a given at this point.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Seems like a low price for Zucs, if cost for Nyquist is lower or comparable Boston should be in on him big time

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Blue Jackets going all-in on rentals. Do they move Panerin? If they do, they at least picked up some offense to compensate for his loss.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Holland wants a first
    Nyqvist wants $5.5M a year for five years
    Gus might not draw a first but he will be dealt
    Too many young forwards, including Filip Zadina, who makes his NHL debut today

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Jodi, our excellent stylist, was creative today and people thought it looked like a toupee. Had a good laugh over it

Vombatus and JC like this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This sucks. Always liked this guy, hoped he would become a Cap

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Unbelievable.

Ms. Ragu was near tears this morning when I told her about the trade. I had prepared her that it was going to happen, but she loves that guy. ... more than she loves me, I think.

I was checking in on the highlights of the Dallas game this afternoon, and was really happy that he had scored a goal. Then I saw that news. It just sucks.

I rarely get so attached to players anymore that I get crushed like I did when I was a kid when there is a trade. But if you are a Rangers fan, I don't know how you don't watch this and get a little choked up. Just a reminder that these guys are people, not robots.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nyquist to San Jose.

Draft saved Draft deleted