1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Blame the power play. It was atrocious. Bad zone entries. I think they had 10 seconds of zone time on one third-period power play. Vegas was super aggressive and just wouldn't let the Caps get comfortable. That can bite you, but the Knights executed it really well.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Just One More Cup

Before Moddy Dies

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And what if they fucking suck?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Cosmo likes this.
  6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Wishing for somebody to suffer a brain injury may be twisted, and I’m not doing that, but nobody should really give a fuck what Dan Carcillo thinks.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I guess you can look at it two ways. ... The guy was nicknamed "car bomb" for a reason, so yeah. But he also started an organization that tries to assist former players w/concussion-related problems, so I'd say he has earned the right to comment on this.

OscarMadison and John B. Foster like this.
  8. Sea Bass

Well good on him for helping those in need, I guess. For me, his comments ring just a bit hollow, coming from a guy who helped create the need in the first place.

9. The Big Ragu

I get that. But life has a way of shaping people as they get older and mature. I read something Carcillo did with the Players Tribune, I believe. He was really tight with Steve Montador, who had a really tough time with depression, presumed to be because of his concussions. Mondator died @ 35. I believe Carcillo is sincere. His friend's death really affected him and he started a foundation to help athletes transition to life after their careers.

Here is a link I just found to a website, if you care: Home - Chapter 5 Foundation

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Sea Bass

I know the Carcillo/Montador story well. And I know Carcillo well. Not personally, but I’ve been watching him run guys and stick guys and throw cheap head shots since he was on OHL rookie. I’m sure he’s knowledgeable on the subject of head injuries, but so are hundreds of other guys who aren’t assholes. He’s just not somebody I care to listen to on the topic.

And I visited the Chapter 5 website the other day. It’s plastered with pictures of...Dan Carcillo.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ryan Reaves is a despicable piece of shit.

12. The Big Ragu

Wow. Just wow.

EDIT: Is that site legit? I have never heard of it, and the dealer they say was selling it doesn't have it on their site. They also said it is on eBay, and don't see it there. I find it really hard to believe any player would sign a photo like that. I want to see confirmation from somewhere else that he really did it before I believe it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted