1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Dec 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's not like they got established "star" assistants or big names.

Moore was already there, and the QB coach job was his first coaching gig after retiring as a player.

Has Kitna coached anywhere before other than his kid's high school?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can you have a checkered coaching career if the last two stops didn't include coaching in a game?

3. DanOregon

Sources: Cowboys unlikely to extend Garrett

Boy - this will end well. I can see this playing out with the Cowboys opening the year with wins against the Bills, Redskins, Lions and Jets and Jerry extends him for four years.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Garret likes filling out a staff with mini-mes. Was Gary Hogeboom (don't call me Hogenbloom) unavailable?

5. DanOregon

Do you really think Garrett gets to pick his staff? I imagine Jones saying, "Now don't you go worrying about that Jason, I've got it covered."

Not that Jerry is alone. Of the 32 teams, I'm guessing at least half have a GM giving input on coaching staff, lineups/final roster and/or game planning.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Didn't see this coming.

For Immediate Release

February 1, 2019

FORMER COWBOYS QUARTERBACK AND ASSISTANT COACH WADE WILSON PASSES AWAY

Former long time NFL quarterback and Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Wade Wilson passed away Friday at his home in Coppell, Texas.

Wilson played with five different NFL teams in a career that spanned 19 years from 1981 to 1999. Following his playing career, Wilson served as an assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears. Wilson was 60 years old.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, you knew that someone was going to value wins over morals. I'm kind of surprised it is Southern Miss, though. I thought better of them. He's interviewing for OC.

8. DanOregon

Nobody ever accused him of running a clean program - just a winning one.

Draft saved Draft deleted