1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Durant's whole 2018-19 season belongs in the Bad Body Language Hall of Fame.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Durant strikes me as a more capable Carmelo. A great player, but not exactly a guy who can lead a team. You really need a strong point guard to pair with him.

And now Cousins really won't be Boogie-ing. He's out with a torn quad.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

While Draymond can be a tremendous pain in the ass, I wonder if Durant can ever be made happy.

He's winning titles, playing with a superstar peer who has been as deferential as possible and another star who appears to love playing second fiddle (Klay), all while being coached by a players-first, unassuming guy. All of that, and he's still incredibly sour.

The greener grass of NY is going to be a rude awakening.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If Carmelo were 7 feet tall, crazy athletic, able to play inside or outside, and one of the top defensive players in the game.

TigerVols and swingline like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Durant strikes me as a superstar who doesn't appear to be happy.

I would never have used him in a comparison with Carmelo.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did @heyabbott take control of your account?

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry Durant is a two-time Finals MVP; he's head and shoulders above Carmelo.

Durant is moody though and unlike other greats, doesn't go all-out all the time, last night was a prime example.

8. DanOregon

As a player I absolutely agree. I'm just saying as a "build your team around" guy. As long as whoever signs Durant doesn't expect rallying speeches and players to look for him to lead the team - they'll be fine.

9. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Yeah, he is head and shoulders above Carmelo but not because of his two Finals MVPs.

10. DanOregon

The Clippers are the last SoCal team standing among their hoops and hockey squads.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Beautiful isn't it :D:D:p:p:p

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see Jared Dudley was still in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted