1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

It's fun in little "when we were young mashups videos" where you see a bunch of guys clotheslining each other and starting brawls. But I sat through enough Heat-Knicks slogs to know that I never need to see another one.

That's why watching the Magic during their little run from 1993-to-1997 was fun. They played some beautiful athletic basketball with Penny being a jack-of-all-trades guard. Shaq being so big and athletic and dynamic and the shooters...it was a nice break.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

After five fouls in a quarter you get a point plus possession. Shooting foul is a point plus possession. No. More. Free. Throws.

They are the most boring thing in pro sports.

Do a 20 minute quarter that would be over in 23 minutes without free throws. You would get 10 players on each team getting quality minutes.

Give me a billionaire who agrees with me and the NBA would be dead in 5 years.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

All defensive fouls by the losing team in the last 2 minutes are, by definition, intentional fouls

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5. heyabbott

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You forgot the Sixth Man.
    [​IMG]
    And the Seventh
    [​IMG]

heyabbott likes this.
  7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

28 fouls on the Rockets last night, 17 on the Lakers. LeBron plays 40 minutes and gets called for one foul. Chris Webber and Mike Bibby can empathize.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The players are great but this is the issue. From a mathematical perspective, it simply makes sense to shoot a ton of 3s because they are relatively easy to make. It’s boring to me that a majority of the fast breaks result in 3 point attempts.

I’d push the line back 2 feet and eliminate 3s below the foul line area.

9. heyabbott

Harden 11-24 FG 2-10 3 pt.
    James 11-23 FG 0-4 3 pt.

10. heyabbott

Widen the court 5-7 feet on each side and extend the corner 3 to make a uniform distance. It spreads the game out a bit more. Players are so much bigger and quicker today that the court, designed 80 years ago, is inappropriate today.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Harden also fouled out. Did you see what he said about that one ref?

Full disclosure: I’m a Celtics fan. Can’t stand the Lakers.

12. heyabbott

He called the ref arrogant. That’s like trump calling someone stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted