1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The athleticism and even choreography on display night-in and night-out in the NBA is fascinating to me.

It's by far the only sport where I'll watch two random teams play.

BadgerBeer and PCLoadLetter like this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I prefer today’s style of play to the Rodman-Mahorn Pistons of the day. It won games, but talk about unwatchable.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Players have never been more well rounded.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I have NBA League Pass. Damn near every team in the league is entertaining to watch at this point. Seriously - the Sacramento Kings are fun as hell.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My buddy's a Kings fan and was looking for someone to go with him to the Kings-Wiz in D.C. Got two seats two rows behind the Sacramento bench for $71 apiece. Looking forward to it. That's a $350 seat for a Caps game. LOL.

HappyCurmudgeon and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sweet! The size and movements of the players is amazing; Curry looks on TV like some little dude, but in perso. Up close you realize he’s 6’5” or so and moves like someone 5’10” and 150.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Curry is 6'5"?

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

No but he is bigger than one might think watching on TV. I believe he is a legit 6'3".

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would have been shocked by 6'5". I found Steve Nash to also be like this. Looked much bigger in person than TV

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I covered hundreds of college hoops games from the floor but have never been that close for an NBA game. Should be fun.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They used to scream about how Magic and Michael walked all the time and how Magic constantly palmed the ball while dribbling.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless you get a chance to see guys close up, you really get no sense how tall they really are.

Draft saved Draft deleted